Community advocacy can cover a range of different kinds of support. For example, a community advocate can:
- Assist with making phone calls
- Go to appointments with doctors and consultants, to support people to understand the appointment
- Help to fill out forms
- Go with to appointments with other agencies like social services or housing
- Help to write letters
- Give information about other services
- Support to access other services like education, training and leisure.
Community advocacy also includes providing support groups within a community, to help people make their voice heard through peer advocacy/group advocacy.
Community advocacy can support a wide range of people to have their voice heard.